Skip To ContentSkip To Content

    International/Foreign Students

    It is the practice of the Seattle Public Schools to admit any student regardless of national origin or citizenship, upon documentation that the student or parent/guardian resides within the district boundaries. Please review the International Student Exchange policy and International Student Exchange procedure.

    Seattle Public Schools is no longer accepting third-party or direct placement host families in our F-1/J-1 visa student program. Students and/or families must be placed through a student exchange agency in order to be considered for admission. Currently, SPS accepts international students studying on F-1 or J-1 visas. Students visiting our state for a short stay (B-1 or B-2) may not enroll in school in the district. All F-1/J-1 students must first enroll online to be considered for acceptance to the district.

    You may upload the following forms to the student's online registration form:

    • Host family proof of address
    • Photo ID
    • Authority and Responsibility for a Minor form
    • Student data
    • Transcripts

    International Student Placement

    International exchange students are assigned a school based on where there is space available. We are unable to provide seats into schools that are over capacity. The schools that have the most readily available space for international students are:

    • Rainier Beach High School
    • Franklin High School
    • West Seattle High School
    • Chief Sealth International High School

    All other high schools are currently closed due to capacity for entry, please plan accordingly. Seattle Public Schools will not provide legal advice to families on immigration related issues. Please see the I-20 document and F1 brochure for the process and requirements to apply for the F-1 visa status, and registration information for international students to attend a SPS high school.

    F-1 Student Tuition Rates

    $12,400 for one full academic year

    $6,200 for one academic semester (1/2 year)

    Contact Us

    For more information, please contact:
    Faauu Manu

    Application Documents

  • Click here for English
  • Click here for Spanish
  • Click here for Vietnamese
  • Click here for Chinese
  • Admission Form
    CIS Form
    Authority and Responsibility for a minor student form

    Check out the U.S. Department of Homeland Security website for information on studying in the U.S.: