Skip To ContentSkip To Content

    School Employees Benefits Board Information (SEBB) 

    New benefits-eligible employees have 31 days from their date of hire to complete enrollment in SEBB. Action is required whether the employee wishes to enroll-in or waive benefits.

    The School Employee Enrollment Guide and information on Enrollment is located at the following Washington State Health Care Authority web site:

    You can also obtain premium and plan cost information here:

    The District's third-party partner for benefits administration, Sprague Israel Giles (SIG) has included helpful summaries, resources, and links on (password is 'sps').

    New employees can sign up to attend a benefits informational session by accessing the Online Scheduling System (select new hire benefits info session from the drop down). 

    Get Started with SEBB My Account and Enroll Online!

    Need Assistance?

    If you have questions, call the Benefits Helpline at (206) 957-7066 or (800) 946-7066. Benefits specialists are available M-F, 8am to 5pm PST.

    Who is eligible for Coverage?

    All district staff who are anticipated to work 630 hours in a school year will be eligible for full benefits. Benefits will not be pro-rated for part-time employees. Employees who do not waive coverage will be automatically enrolled by the Health Care Authority. See the SEBB Eligibility Fact Sheet for more information.

    Coverage for Your Family Members

    Employees may continue to cover eligible family members (dependents) on their health plans through SEBB. Eligible dependents will include legally married spouses, state-registered domestic partners and eligible children. 

    Dependent Verification will be Required

    All dependent coverage will require verification of relationship. This means that each employee wishing to cover their spouse, state-registered domestic partner, or children will need to provide proof of their relationship. There are many documents that employees can use as proof, including birth or marriage certificates or tax returns.

    Employees who wish to cover their domestic partner or partner’s children will need either to prove they are in a state-registered domestic partnership or provide proof of marriage. For a bit of history, in 2014, Washington law converted most state-registered domestic partnerships to marriage so there are very few remaining state-registered domestic partnerships in Washington State.

    See the SEBB Eligibility Fact Sheet for more information.

    Want to know more?