Now accepting applications for Summer and School Year 2017!
Learn more and apply!
The Seattle Skills Center is a Seattle Public Schools program to provide hands-on classes in real-world career fields at various school sites – all at no tuition cost
The Skills Center also invites businesses and industry representatives to collaborate
in order to enhance course offerings and provide new opportunities to students
Reasons to apply to Seattle Skills Center
- "Try out” a career field for free.
- Learn from industry professionals.
- Earn 1.5 high school credits.
- Earn college credit for free, in many cases.
- Earn industry certification, when relevant.
- Receive free transportation if the class is taught at another school.
- Increase confidence, interpersonal skills and leadership skills.
- Increase likelihood of graduating. (Skills Center participants graduate at a higher rate than non-participants.)
Seattle Skills Center overview video