2017 Middle School Math Adoption
At the direction of the Seattle Public Schools School Board, staff and community members are evaluating math instructional materials for grades 6 - 8.
An adoption committee is currently reviewing materials following School Board Policy 2015. The committee is composed of teachers, parents, community members, and district staff who are specialists in math instruction and are coordinating the adoption process.
The committee will produce a recommendation about which teaching materials to select. That recommendation will be forwarded to the Superintendent who will share it with the School Board Directors. The final decision will be made by a vote of the School Board members.
Once approved by the School Board, the new instructional materials would be put into use during the 2018-19 school year.
Apply to pilot instructional materials
- In order to apply, you must be teaching Grades 6, 7, or 8 Math in a Seattle public school in the 2017-18 school year.
- The Adoption Committee will narrow potential instructional materials to a short list. These instructional materials will be piloted for 6-8 weeks in the fall in order to inform the final selection of instructional materials.
- To access the application, please click here.
Adoption Committee Information
6-8 Mathematics Instructional Materials Committee Meeting Dates
- Round 1: March 21, April 18, May 2, May 16, May 30 (8:30-3:30 p.m.), June 13 (8:30 a.m. to noon)
- Round 2: November-December meeting dates (TBD)