School Board Student Member Selection Committee Recruitment
The School Board Student Member Selection Committee is a student-led committee that will recommend 3 Student Members to the Seattle Public Schools Board of Directors for selection. The student school board positions are new positions, created by School Board Policy No. 1250, School Board Student Members. Student board members will not be voting members but will serve as advisors to the Seattle School Board.
The student-led Selection Committee will support the Board’s selection of 3 students for the 2022-23 school year who will serve as Student Members. Selection Committee members will review applications for the Student Member positions and collaborate to make final recommendations.
Students on the selection committee must:
- Share a commitment to elevating the voices of students of color furthest from educational justice in district decision-making
- Be currently enrolled students in Seattle Public Schools
- Be currently enrolled in high school grades 9-12
- Be able to meet on at least two Saturdays in May, and spend up to 15 hours on meeting and application evaluation
- Be able to complete the assigned work
- NOT be applying to be a School Board Student Member
Students on the selection committee will be able to earn community service hours for their work.
The first meetings of the selection committee will be Friday, May 6 and Saturday May 7.
Please fill out the selection committee form by April 25 if you would like to join the School Board Student Member Selection Committee.