|Health and wellbeing|
|Our Daily Stress: Making good food choices
- Tools and practical nutritional information to increase your energy level and help manage stress
|Live Your Life Well
- An education website from Mental Health America that includes self-assessments, "10 Tools to Live Your Life Well", newsletters and more
|NIH Wellness and Lifestyle
- Health information on a variety of wellness and lifestyle topics including Exercise and Fitness, Mental and Emotional Health, Nutrition and more
- Resources for making healthy lifestyle choices. Includes a Health Assessment
|NIH Complementary & Alternative Medicine
- Research-based information on complementary and alternative medicine health care systems, practices and products that are not generally considered part of conventional medicine
|What is Depression?
- An American Psychiatric Association fact sheet
|Mayo Clinic / Mental Health America / Screening for Mental Health
- Depression screening self assessments
|Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- A report of depression among U.S. adults indicates that major depression is a common and treatable mental health disorder
- Developed by author and trainer Nan Henderson, this website includes a Resiliency Quiz and links to free articles and resources
- Take a resiliency quiz, read stories about people overcoming life's challenges, find articles on a range of topics written by Al Siebert, author of The Resiliency Advantage
|Resiliency: The Attribute of Stress Resistent People
- A presentation developed by Stony Brook University EAP
|Meditation / Mindfulness|
|Mindfulness with Jon Kabat-Zinn
- A YouTube video recording of an introduction to mindfulness workshop at Google
|The Mindfulness Solution - Everyday practices for everyday problems
- Downloadable meditations
back to top
|School Employee Credit Union of Washington
- As part of member benefits, SECUWA has contracted with Balance, a respected financial-education organization, to provide free, confidential financial counseling to SECUWA members.
|Financial Empowerment Network - Seattle/King County
- An organization of public, private, and non-profit agencies dedicated to helping people achieve their financial goals. Look for their online tools and learn more about their programs on their website.
|Homerownership information and resources - Washington State
- Assistance for Washington State homeowners and buyers through all aspects of homeownership, including: buying a home; refinancing; avoiding scams; foreclosure assistance.
- To talk to a counselor, call 1-877-894-4663
|Washington State Housing Finance Commission - WSHFC
- Free homebuyer education seminars / Homeowners Resource Center / Housing Counseling and Service Provider Network / Emergency Assistance for Renters
|Urban League of Metropolitan Seattle
- Financial literacy training programs including an all-day Housing Education workshop every third Saturday. For more information or to register for a workshop, call 1-800-368-1455.
|National Foundation for Credit Counseling
- A national non-profit organization providing financial counseling and educational services with local affiliated agencies. Use their extensive online resources or find an agency in your area. This website includes: Consumer Tools offering Financial Self-Assessment Check-Up, Podcasts, Blogs, Calculators, Budget worksheets and more; Consumer Tips offering educational information regarding savings, spending, credit, housing, debt, consumer protection and more.
- Federal Financial Relief Hotlines
back to top
|Consultation with an attorney|
|King County Bar Association Neighborhood Legal Clinics
- Individual meetings with volunteer attorneys for up to 30 minutes of free legal advice and consultation, primarily civil issues.
|WEA Legal Referral Program
- For SEA Members ONLY. Two free 30-minute consultations per work year (September 1 - August 31) to determine your legal needs; some discounts apply if subsequent services are required.
|Local 609 Legal Referral Program - 1-888-993-8886
- For Local 609 Members ONLY. Free initial consultation and document review; 30% discount on legal fees.
|King County Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service
- Referrals to attorneys in many areas of law or to relevant agencies. If your inquiry involves a personal injury case, a workers compensation case, or an appeal of a Social Security or Disability denial, your first consultation with an attorney is free. For other matters, the first half-hour consulation is $35.
|Community resources / Consumer information|
|Northwest Justice Project
- Free legal resources, legal information and self-help materials for civil legal problems in Washington State
|Legal Voice (formerly Northwest Women's Law Center)
- Legal information and referral hotline - 206-621-7691 - provides information about your legal rights in Washington State. Free legal self-help publications on a number of issues including Family Law, Violence Against Women, Consumer and Debt, LGBT and more.
|Washington State Bar Association Consumer Information Pamphlets
- A series of consumer information pamphlets on various legal topics including: Alternatives to Court, Lawyers: What you need to know, Dissolution of Marriage, Elder Law, Bankruptcy, Landlord/Tenant, and more.
|Family Law / Divorce resources|
|King County Family Law Facilitators Program
- Provides information and referrals to family law litigants who are not represented by attorneys. Provides helpful resources including Divorce Roadmap: A presentation on filing for divorce; downloadable family law forms and instructions; and a class on non-parental navigation. Locations in Seattle and Kent.