- Online Calendar - See upcoming events!
- 2013-14 School Year - Important dates for this school year
- 2014-15 School Year
- Wall Calendar and Family Guide
- Calendar Development
For event information, we encourage you to visit our District Calendar which offers the most current information about upcoming events. Users can "Choose calendars to view" to select calendars from other schools and departments and customize an iCal feed specific to their needs.
The 2013-14 Academic Calendar is available in several formats:
- Online District Calendar (Guide to subscribing to calendar feeds)
- At-A-Glance Printable Calendar for Families (PDF)
- 2013-14 Wall Calendar and Family Guide (Large PDF file)
- Approved 2013-14 School Year Calendar (PDF)
School Board approves 2014-15 academic calendar, eliminates weeklong mid-winter break
The Seattle School Board Wednesday night, May 20, approved the District’s academic calendar, which includes elimination of the week-long mid-winter break for the 2014-15 academic year.
The mid-winter break will be reduced from a full Monday-Friday to four days over Presidents Day weekend – including the Monday, Feb. 16 for Presidents Day, which is already a holiday and a non-school day, and Tuesday, Feb. 17 following Presidents Day.
As a result of the shorter mid-winter break, the last day of school in 2014-15 will be earlier – Monday, June 15, 2015, assuming no snow make-up days. The yearly academic calendar is negotiated by teams from Seattle Public Schools and the Seattle Education Association.
The full calendar, with specific dates for staff, can be found at http://bit.ly/2014-15calendar
Key dates for 2014-15, which were announced in February, include:
• Wednesday, Sept. 3, 2014: First day of school for students
• Nov. 11: Veterans Day
• Nov. 27-28: Thanksgiving holiday
• Dec. 22, 2014-Jan. 2, 2015: Winter break
• Jan. 19, 2015: Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
• Feb. 16, 2015: President’s Day
• Feb. 17, 2015: One day off, as part of shortened Mid-Winter break
• April 13-17, 2015: Spring Break
• May 25, 2015: Memorial Day
• Monday, June 15, 2015: Last day of school for students
• June 16, 17, 2015: Snow makeup days (if needed) A reminder, the last day of school for students this year is Thursday, June 19.
This year, Seattle Public Schools published 52,000 wall calendars, which were mailed to families, staff and community members. In addition to providing families with key dates throughout the school year, the calendar includes a family guide with important information about transportation, inclement weather instructions, lunch menus, testing schedules and key contact information.
Advertising in the wall calendar was made possible by the School Board in June 2012. Revenue earned from calendar sponsorship assumes calendar production costs. Without this money, the district would eventually have to stop publishing the calendar.
Thank you to our sponsors of the 2013-14 Wall Calendar and Family Guide:
Boy Scouts of America, Comcast, Defensive Driving School, Delta Dental, Foster Pepper, NW Network, PCC Natural Markets, Safeway, Seattle City Light, Seattle Public Library, Sound Mental Health and Stevens Pass.
The sponsor messages in our 2013-14 District calendar do not constitute or imply any endorsement, recommendation or favoring by the Seattle Public Schools. Seattle Public Schools does not endorse the accuracy, reliability, or quality of any sponsor message, product, or program. Consumers are encouraged to carefully research any product or services prior to making a purchasing decision.
The Seattle Public Schools calendar is developed in cooperation with all of the bargaining groups representing Seattle Public Schools employees. The calendar is structured to provide a full week of instruction following spring break and before the beginning of the spring testing period. The calendar also provides specific dates that will be used as make-up days in the event that inclement weather necessitates school closures.
Last Updated: [sf:shortDate()]