We support schools and central organizations with resource allocation, budget development, budget management and financial analysis activities.
Our overarching goal is to provide analysis, identify funding options and build balanced budgets to assist district leaders in maximizing resources for students.
It is our responsibility to:
- Meet legal obligations including the filing of state budget reports with OSPI.
- Maintain accurate projections of revenues and expenditures to ensure sound financial decisions.
- Allocate resources to implement District objectives and priorities
- Consult with schools and central organizations on the planning and status of their budgets.
- Monitor budgets and fiscal processes for improved accuracy and efficiency.
- Improving the Recommended Budget document by including more details on central office operations.
- Providing online information of budgeting processes and outcomes.
View the Recommended Budgets for Fiscal Year 2013-2014.
View the following Appendices to get further funding and staffing details, definitions for terms used in the FY 2013-14 Adopted Budgets, and information about policies that provide guidance on the development of the District's educational programs and budgets that support them.
- A. School Budget Detail (as modified July 19, 2013)
- B. Central Budget Detail (as modified July 19, 2013)
- C. State Budgeting Definitions
- D. FTE by Job Description
- E. Policies Pertaining to Budget Development
View FY 2013 and FY 2014 Budget Data in Excel format including definitions and interactive pivot tables.
Budget Action Report for the FY 2013-14 Budgets
The FY 2013-14 Recommended Budgets were adopted on Wednesday, July 24, 2013 after a Special Audit & Finance Committee Session and a Special Board Session. The final adopted budget reflected the outcome of the final state legislative special session.