We support schools and central organizations with resource allocation, budget development, budget management and financial analysis activities.
Our overarching goal is to provide analysis, identify funding options and build balanced budgets to assist district leaders in maximizing resources for students.
It is our responsibility to:
- Meet legal obligations including the filing of state budget reports with OSPI.
- Maintain accurate projections of revenues and expenditures to ensure sound financial decisions.
- Allocate resources to implement District objectives and priorities
- Consult with schools and central organizations on the planning and status of their budgets.
- Monitor budgets and fiscal processes for improved accuracy and efficiency.
- Improving the Recommended Budget document by including more details on central office operations.
- Providing online information about budgeting processes and outcomes.
View the FY 2015-16 Budget Development Instructions. Also known as the "Gold Book", these were used to guide Principals in developing school budgets during the following timeline:
February 18, 2015 - Budget & Staffing Instructions Distributed
February 25, 2015 - Initital School Allocations Available on-line
March 11, 2015 - Mitigation & Waiver Requests Submitted
March 20, 2015 - Mitigation & Waiver Approvals Sent
February 26-March 11, 2015 - School Workshops
March 12-24, 2015 - School Arena Meetings to Submit Budgets
Following are Appendices to get definitions for terms used in the FY 2015-16 Budgets, and information about policies that provide guidance on the development of the District's educational programs and budgets that support them.