We support schools and central organizations with resource allocation, budget development, budget management and financial analysis activities.
Our overarching goal is to provide analysis, indentify funding options and build balanced budgets to assist district leaders in maximizing resources for students.
It is our responsibility to:
- Meet legal obligations including the filing of state budget reports with OSPI.
- Maintain accurate projections of revenues and expenditures to ensure sound financial decisions.
- Allocate resources to implement District objectives and priorities
- Consult with schools and central organizations on the planning and status of their budgets.
- Monitor budgets and fiscal processes for improved accuracy and efficiency.
We are always partnering with schools and other departments to meet District goals. Some of our larger initiatives, which are directly related to our primary goals, include:
- Developing balanced 2012-13 Operating and Capital Budgets
- Improving the Recommended Budget document by including more details on central office operations
- Providing online information of budgeting processes and outcomes