Thank you for your interest in Seattle Public Schools
We are a diverse family of 95 schools, serving almost 50,000 students in a dynamic, standards-based learning community. Seattle’s students and staff represent many cultures and ethnic groups, with more than 120 different languages spoken in our schools. Our work is driven by our mission of academic achievement for every student in every school with a focus on strong instructional leadership. As the largest school system in the state of Washington, we offer a broad range of programs and learning opportunities, enhanced by strong support from parents and community members.
Seattle Public Schools offers a wide variety of employment opportunities. Please choose the following link that applies to you:
- Teaching Positions (Please note: the General Certificated Application is no longer required. Read more about how this affects the application process.)
- Administrative Positions
- Substitute Positions (Clerical, Parapro and Special Ed Substitute positions open now)
- Other Positions
- Updates and announcements about special circumstances or activities are posted in the News and Announcements section below
- All available positions are listed on our Job Opportunities page
- All Certificated jobs require a valid Washington State teaching certificate
- The General Certificated Application is no longer required when applying for teaching positions. Read more about how this affects the application process.
News and Announcements
- At this time, Seattle Public Schools is not accepting applications for Certificated Substitute Teachers.
- Please remember you must upload and attach your cover letter and resume before you submit your application to a specific job. Once you submit your application to a job posting, it is considered submitted and applications without the proper attachments will be considered incomplete.
- We have created a document to help you create an account in our online application system. If you are an internal candidate and have not created an application before, click here to download a "how to" guide.
- If you have created an application , but want more specific instructions on applying to school positions, click here to download a "how to" guide.
- If you are applying for an hourly position (except Athletic Coach positions), please contact the school or program for the "hourly hire" application packet.
- Athletic Coach positions, when open, are advertised on our website; applicants need to apply through our online application system.