Thank you for your interest in Seattle Public Schools
We are a diverse family of 97 schools, serving almost 52,000 students in a dynamic, standards-based learning community. Seattle’s students and staff represent many cultures and ethnic groups, with more than 120 different languages spoken in our schools. Our work is driven by our mission of academic achievement for every student in every school with a focus on strong instructional leadership. As the largest school system in the state of Washington, we offer a broad range of programs and learning opportunities, enhanced by strong support from parents and community members.
Seattle Public Schools offers a wide variety of employment opportunities. Please choose the following link that applies to you:
- School Leader Pool
- Teaching positions (Please note: the General Certificated Application is no longer required. Read more about how this affects the application process.)
- Substitute Positions (Certificated, Clerical, Parapro and Special Ed Substitute positions are open now)
- Other Positions
- Updates and announcements about special circumstances or activities are posted in the News and Announcements section below
- All available positions are listed on our Job Opportunities page
- We have created a document to help you create an account in our online application system. If you are an internal candidate and have not created an application before, click here to download a "how to" guide
- If you have created an application , but want more specific instructions on applying to school positions, click here to download a "how to" guide
- All Certificated jobs require a valid Washington State teaching certificate
- Letters of Reference
- Please read the required number of letters of reference directly on the job posting. (It varies by position).
- Reference letters must have a valid signature and be in either .jpg or .pdf format and must be uploaded to your application before you hit “submit”
- We do not accept mailed or hard-copy references.
- Letters should be from people in a supervisory or advisory capacity, who can speak to your professional abilities. The following are examples of appropriate sources:
- A letter from your supervisor or program manager
- A letter from a colleague in the building or department who has observed your work or real-time skill application
- A letter from your college-provided teacher/program coach
- Letters we will not consider:
- A letter from a student, parent, or community member
- If you are offerred employment with Seattle Public Schools, you will be required to submit fingerprint records as a background check as required by Washington State law.
News and Announcements
- Please remember you must upload and attach your cover letter and resume before you submit your application to a specific job. Once you submit your application to a job posting, it is considered submitted and applications without the proper attachments will be considered incomplete.
- If you are applying for an hourly position (except Athletic Coach positions), please contact the school or program for the "hourly hire" application packet.
- Athletic Coach positions, when open, are advertised on our website; applicants need to apply through our online application system.