ENROLLING YOUR STUDENT
Download and Complete Forms (Existing Students Skip To School Choice Forms)
Enroll In Your Attendance Area School
All new students (students not currently attending a Seattle Public School) will need to provide the following forms and documents to enroll at their attendance area school.
- ADMISSION (REGISTRATION) FORM (Chinese, Somali, Spanish & Vietnamese)
Complete all information and sign the form. Attach any court documents relating to guardianship or a parenting plan, if applicable.
- CERTIFICATE OF IMMUNIZATION STATUS (CIS)
The State of Washington requires that you use the official CIS form, which must be signed by the parent/guardian.
- SPECIAL EDUCATION FORM
For students who have an Individual Education Plan (IEP).
(For information about Special Education Pre-School click here.)
- PHOTO ID OF THE PARENT/GUARDIAN REGISTERING THE STUDENT
If faxing a photo I.D., please be sure it will be legible by making a light copy first and then faxing the copy.
- TWO ADDRESS VERIFICATION DOCUMENTS
Must contain the parent's name and be dated within the past eight weeks. Examples include copies of current telephone, utility or cable bills; mortgage information; insurance documents; or documents from public agencies, such as courts or DSHS. Lease or rental agreements must include the first page, and the signature page. We do not accept copies of envelopes.
- BIRTH CERTIFICATE (OR SIMILAR DOCUMENT, SUCH AS A PASSPORT) DOCUMENTING THE STUDENT'S BIRTH DATE.
Apply For A School Or Program Choice Assignment for 2012-13
The school choice period ended on September 30, 2012. New students enrolling mid-year may have limited options other than their attendance area school. Contact our Service Center at (206) 252-0760 or email@example.com for more information.
Our annual Open Enrollment period is February 25 - March 8, 2013.
The deadline for Open Enrollment was 4:00 PM on March 8, 2013. Applications must have been received in our office by that time. (Postmarks do not count.) Applications are still accepted but will be processed after those received before the deadline.
Open Enrollment is your best opportunity to request a different school or program for your student. You can choose to apply for another attendance area school, an option school; or programs such as Montessori, Spectrum, and APP. The school board finalized the 2013-14 New Student Assignment Plan Transition Plan, including tiebreakers, on January 31st. Click here for more information. (Also available in Chinese, Somali, Spanish and Vietnamese.)
These forms are not required to enroll your student, but may be beneficial for your individual needs:
- Free and Reduced Lunch Application
- Address Change Form (Chinese, Somali, Spanish & Vietnamese)
- Interdistrict Release (for residents of Seattle Public Schools who wish to enroll in another school district.)
- Change of Ethnicity
- Student Health Packet, Certificate of Immunization Exemption, and other Health Services Forms