|Seattle Public Schools will begin changing to a new website at 10 p.m., Sunday, May 31. The new site will look slightly different. Thank you for your patience during the transition. Should you experience any concerns, please email email@example.com. More information can be found here: webinfo.www.seattleschools.org.|
ENROLLING YOUR STUDENT
Download and Complete Forms
2015-2016 Open Enrollment for school choice is from February 23 - March 6, 2015
To Enroll In Your Attendance Area School
All new students including KINDERGARTEN students (students not currently attending a Seattle Public School) will need to provide the following forms and documents to enroll at their attendance area school.
- Admission (registration) form (Chinese, Somali, Spanish & Vietnamese)
Complete all information and sign the form. Attach any court documents relating to guardianship or a parenting plan, if applicable.
- Certificate of Immunization Status (CIS)
The State of Washington requires that you use the official CIS form, which must be signed by the parent/guardian.
- Special Education Form
For students who have an Individual Education Plan (IEP).
(For information about Special Education Pre-School click here.)
- Photo Identification of the parent/guardian registering the student
If faxing a photo I.D., please be sure it will be legible by making a light copy first and then faxing the copy.
- Two Address Verification Documents
Must contain the parent's name and be dated within the past eight weeks. Examples include copies of current telephone, utility or cable bills; mortgage information; insurance documents; or documents from public agencies, such as courts or DSHS. Lease or rental agreements must include the first page, and the signature page. We do not accept copies of envelopes.
- Birth Certificate (or similar document, such as passport) Documenting the Student's Birth Date (Pre-K, Kindergarten and First Grade only)
To Apply for School Choice
2015-16 Open Enrollment for school choice is from February 23 - March 6, 2015.
Applications must be received in our office by that time. (Postmarks do not count.) Applications are still accepted after the deadline, but will be processed after those received before the deadline.
Open Enrollment is your best opportunity to request a different school or program for your student. You can choose to apply for another attendance area school including K-8 schools; an option school; or programs such as Montessori, Spectrum, and APP.
These forms are not required to enroll your student, but may be beneficial for your individual needs:
- Free and Reduced Lunch Application
- Address Change Form (Chinese, Somali, Spanish & Vietnamese)
- Interdistrict Release (for residents of Seattle Public Schools who wish to enroll in another school district.)
- Change of Ethnicity
- Student Health Packet, Certificate of Immunization Exemption, and other Health Services Forms