Open Enrollment Feb. 13 through 24
School Choice Forms available starting Mon., Feb. 6
Seattle Public Schools offers many educational opportunities for students. You can read more about SPS option schools on our option school directory. If you would like to request a different assignment for your student, you must submit a school choice form.
School choice forms will be available on the School Choice webpage beginning Feb. 6. All forms received during Open Enrollment are processed at the same time and are eligible for applicable tiebreakers.
Forms submitted after Feb. 24 are late, do not receive tiebreaker priorities, and are much less likely to result in your student being assigned to the school (or program) of your choice.
To check your student's current assignment, user our Assignment Lookup Tool.
Key Dates for 2017-18
- Mon., Feb. 6, 2017: School Choice Forms Available Online
- Mon., Feb. 13, 2017: Open Enrollment Begins
- Fri., Feb. 24, 2017: Open Enrollment Ends
- Mon., Apr. 17, 2017: Updated Next Year Assignment Information Available Online
- Wed., May 31, 2017: School Choice for 2017-18 Ends
- Thurs., Aug. 31, 2017: Waitlists Dissolve
School Choice Forms
School choice forms are now available. Forms can be submitted by email or by paper mail starting Feb. 6. Forms will be accepted in person at the district office starting Feb. 13.
- Pre-K at South Shore PreK-8
- Elementary School (Grades 1-5)
- Middle School (Grades 6-8)
- High School (Grades 9-12)