Department of Communications Contacts
Chief Engagement Officer
- Oversees the communications department, including direction for both internal and external communications and engagement strategies.
- Produces high level communications to and for the superintendent.
- Serves as communications liaison to the School Board.
- Develops long-term communications plans and strategies, supports both school and cabinet member communications needs, produces talking points for senior management.
Communications Specialist, External
- Temporarily manages media communications.
- Oversees School Beat newsletter.
- Manages SPS social media channels.
- Assists district staff in communicating their stories and information.
Communications Specialist, Curriculum, Assessment and Instruction (CAI)
- Manages internal and external communications regarding curriculum and instruction, assessment, learning standards, professional development, Advanced Learning, Early Learning, etc.
- Assists teaching staff and CAI staff in communicating their stories and information with internal and external audiences.
Pauline Amell Nash
Web Content Editor
- Supports efforts to ensure the SPS website is accurate and up-to-date.
- Support web content authors with content management and web editing best practice training.
Communications Specialist, Facilities and Capital
- Manages internal and external communications around facilities and capital, including information on BEX, BTA school openings, etc.
- Develops talking points around facility and capital issues
- Plans events around building and capital projects
Communications Specialist, Internal
- Oversees the weekly School Leaders Communicator newsletter and school leadership staffing announcements.
- Develops direct communications for staff and families.
- Manages internal communications (MySPS, weekly NewsBrief for JSCEE staff, announcements and employee events).
- Develops communications plans and messaging for major initiatives.