Ways We Help
The Communications Department provides Seattle Public Schools with expertise in strategic communications, media relations, social media, crisis communication, communications planning, and content creation. It is our goal to ensure families, staff, community members and the media receive accurate and timely information.
- Share information about our schools and students through multiple forms of media and in many languages.
- Build support for our schools by forming partnerships with families and community members.
- Engage community members by organizing many opportunities for people to share their thoughts, provide input, and partner with us to serve all students.
- Build capacity for school and central staff to share information through newsletters, websites, social media, phone messages, and community gatherings.
- Provide clear and timely crisis communications during inclement weather, natural disasters, or other emergencies.
If you are a member of the news media who has a question or needs assistance, please contact Luke Duecy, SPS Media Relations (interim) 206-252-0104 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The district utilizes a tool called SchoolMessenger to contact families with important reminders and urgent information. To change your contact information and/or preferences, please contact your student's school or email email@example.com.
Follow Seattle Public Schools on social media for the latest news.